"STFU about suicide" #FuckingIdiots

Post how you're feeling. Ask for support. Get others advice. Anything else that's depression related
Phreak

"STFU about suicide" #FuckingIdiots

Post by Phreak » Tue May 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Right now I'm feeling really upset and pissed off.

I was just in a chatroom and a couple of people mentioned that they were suicidal and one of the fucking mods pretty much told them to STFU and not to joke about it, and they actually knew people who were depressed and they found it triggering.

It's absolutely fucking bullshit. They're two 14 year old children who both suffer from depression. One that frequently mentions they're suicidal - but not on that server, and the other who acts like they're fine, and doesn't really talk publically about it.

Like fuck you and "Not wanting to be triggered". Suicide should be out there, it should be discussed, and if you don't even have depression and you're triggered by suicidal individuals mentioning that they're suicidal then get a reality check and go fuck yourself.

The more suicide and depression is talked about, the less taboo it becomes, the more it gets demystified and d'you know what, the less people who are likely to end up ultimately killing themselves because they feel able to actually talk to somebody about how they feel rather than feeling like they have to pretend to be fine and ultimately ending it all.

Like seriously, screw people like that.

I'm so glad that I started this website so that hopefully collectively we can put a total end to bullshit like that and naive fucking idiots.

Phreak

12AM

Post by 12AM » Fri May 05, 2017 7:19 pm

I completely agree with this. Many times I encountered things like this in a mental health site. "We are not a hot line", "We are not your therapist", "Let's only talk about the weather and TV shows and food". Why are those people in a mental health support site in the first place? Mental illness is a serious illness, suicide is not a joke, nor depression, nor anxiety, nor psychosis.

I do understand we need small talks every once in a while, to rest, to breathe, to gather our strength to fight again. But that doesn't mean we can just mute people who needs help. For us it might be only 15 minutes of listening, but for the people we listen to, it might be the most precious 15 minutes that light up their spirit to stay alive.

Phreak

Post by Phreak » Fri May 05, 2017 7:26 pm

To be fair it wasn't a mental health related place, but still.

*hugs*

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sat May 06, 2017 6:03 pm

What happened?

Phreak

Post by Phreak » Sat May 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Pretty much as stated in the original post :-p