How I'm feeling

A place to post stuff that doesn't fit into any other category. This could be random posts. Talk about pets. Anything you wish.
Phreak

How I'm feeling

Post by Phreak » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:45 pm

Right now I really want to think of some content and strategies for the new website that I've decided to create, however I'm feeling really shit and unmotivated. The thing that sucks most is that I was really REALLY excited about the whole thing when I first came up with it which was just a couple of days ago. However, I've not been sleeping well, actually, I've not been sleeping well for a few weeks now, and when I'm tired I'm even less motivated and find it even harder to get enthused with things than normal.

This just really REALLY sucks, and I wish I could push myself to do things. I wish I had some way being normal. I wish I didn't struggle so much. Also, I hate whining, because nobody likes listening to people whine, and besides, it never solves anything.

I really wish that "normal" people understood truly how difficult it can be for mentally ill people to motivate themselves. We all have good days and bad days, and yes people need to push themselves. It's not always easy for one to push themselves regardless of how important something is to them.

This website has the potential to be one of the most important things I've ever done. A mental illness website, by mentally ill people, who truly know what mental illness is like. Not just a place to offer support, but a place to share coping skills. Somewhere people can post their positive stories "I suffered from depression for 20 years, tried to kill myself, I thought there would be no way out but finally 'x' happened and it helped me to get through it. Things to help and give hope to others.

Articles by mentally ill people with a various range of conditions for non-mentally ill people to read. Articles to help "normal" people to understand what it's actually like. To help medical professionals to actually understand, because hardly anybody ever feels supported by their medical professional. A place where people can truly learn how to help others.

The reality is, the majority of people regardless of how good their intentions are absolutely suck at helping. This needs to change.

There are ways people can be helped. The first thing we need to do is to help "normal" people to truly understand. To provide the first hand experiences that they can relate to from their own experiences. Hopefully to enhance their understanding be they professionals, or loved ones attempting to support somebody.

Mentally ill people need to stop being ostracised, they need to be understood. Mentally ill people need to understand other mental illnesses as well as their own. Knowledge is power, and by everybody collectively contributing we can provide the power and ability for a more supportive understanding future. The right support and literature for people supporting somebody in an atypical mental state, as well as for mentally atypical people to better to be able to support each other.

Phreak

ACQPL

Post by ACQPL » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Things to help and give hope to others
I won't quote the entire post as it'll take up bandwidth ;)

For a lack of something more constructive and broad to write.. Every great tree starts with a small seed !
"And right here is where we store our sanity. As you can see, it's currently missing"

Phreak

Post by Phreak » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:58 pm

To quote our hosting company
unmetered bandwidth and disk space
:)

To sign up for absolutely free hosting, the same that we're using click here x10hosting. As an added bonus this also pays us $0.25 if you use the hosting for a week, and we get an additional $0.75 if you keep using the hosting for 90 days.

Free hosting and you directly support the website, win-win :-)

SpringLover

Post by SpringLover » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:51 pm

Thanks Phreak!
I appreciate that you took the initiative to start up this website. Let's hope it grows fast and reaches a wider audience.

Phreak

Post by Phreak » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:41 am

SpringLover wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:51 pm
Thanks Phreak!
I appreciate that you took the initiative to start up this website. Let's hope it grows fast and reaches a wider audience.
The more time that we collectively dedicate then the faster we'll grow, and the better we'll become.This really is a team effort. Although I'm well aware that we all have our own rl issues as well as MI struggles to contend with which just adds an extra challenge to the situation :-)

Phreaksfriend

Post by Phreaksfriend » Thu May 11, 2017 6:15 pm

hugs you tight!!! i am very proud of you!!!

Hooligan

Post by Hooligan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Thanks sooo much - this is awesome